CU-ADVANCE Center and Cornell Interactive Theatre Ensemble (CITE)
"Effective Search Practices I: It Depends On The Lens"
The DVD presents:
- An overview of the contents of the DVD
- A rationale for the workshop
- A scenario of a faculty search committee meeting already in progress reviewing potential candidates for on-campus interviews
- A conversation with two of the characters about what happened in the meeting. We ask the kinds of questions that faculty usually ask in live sessions.
- A research lecture on the large and active body of social science, psychology and economics research that undergirds the dynamics of the conversation presented in the scenario, and
- A list of tools and strategies to combat unconscious bias